tld;dr. I should have made a video response. You’ve made a lot of points in 8 minutes. I’ve written about 3 minutes worth of text. Read on, brave solider. Long, but concise. I’ve read the article. It is a popularization of something with enormously more depth that it addressed. I think that most of what you say is young, woman, one-side, self-centered. Don’t let that stop you, I’m respectful, because I expect that any response will be equally respectful.
1. “Feminism at its core means ‘Equal Rights for Men and Women.” It doesn’t. Feminism doesn’t mean anything, it is an ideology whose core, root, base assertion is that women are victims of men’s oppression. This is why ‘Equal rights’ is considered an important goal to achieve. Can you name one right in law that men in the Western world have that women do not? Can you name one word spoken, or deed performed on the behalf of women’s rights or interests that cannot be done in the absence of Feminism? No? Done. You can put Feminism away for good now. Tell your friends.
2. Men do not blame the political ideology of Feminism for their being single. You’ve got it backwards. Men choose to remain single to protect ourselves against legal and cultural conditions brought about by Feminists that actively harm men.
3. That you refer to the equivalent of choosing to avoid bullets as “hibernating” demonstrates that your thinking is one-sided, wrong and unfair–and honestly? Ignorant of men’s lives.
4. The points that you make have nothing to do with Feminism, and everything to do with pure, one-sided gynocentrism.
a) You can cry about being hit on a million times a day, as we might door-to-door sales people ringing our doorbell. What you’re failing to understand, young woman, is that this is a privilege that women have and you are taking it for granted. You are inundated with goods. You will not have this issue once you are in your forties, and you will look back on these times with whist and nostalgia. “Oh, when I was young and hot…” Know how to avoid this? Build character and interpersonal skills, and respect for men.
b) You blame “creeps” for women giving men the cold shoulder. “Creep” means “repulsive person.” This is nothing more that your projecting your personal preferences onto other people. That you say “We don’t know who to trust.” is a fair statement. Men are simply doing what you are doing. We don’t know which women to trust, and so we are giving you the cold shoulder, because many women are creeps. You are complaining that men bitch at Feminists, yet you are bitching at “creeps.” You are guilty of the very same act that you are complaining about.
c) Men do not call women “bitches” because they are “independent.” This epithet is usually assigned to those who are rude, unkind, users and/or exemplify a myriad of characteristics that can only be attributed to poor character. Of course, there are those men who are immature or who have poor character that are just as rude, and call names. Distinguish between the two, so that you can know when you are being a bitch, and when you are dealing with one. And sometimes, it’s not exclusive. Welcome to the real world.
d) You are conflating women and Feminism. Women are humans, Feminism is an ideology. Feminists are people who adhere to the ideology. As a self-proclaimed Feminist, why don’t you make this distinction?
e) “Men are blaming women and Feminism for isolating themselves, that is complete bullshit” We’re avoiding creeps and complain about women’s behaviour toward us, and the effects that the institutionalized ideology of Feminism has upon our lives. You complain about “creeps” and “give them the cold shoulder.” That’s what we’re doing. The two are identical. Are your reasons “complete bullshit?”
f) “If women are going out and having more adventures, doesn’t that motivate you to do the same?” First, men aren’t pack animals, we don’t naturally follow a herd. We don’t do what others do just because others are doing it. Second, for many men, our sense of adventure–that which gives us excitement, joy, wonder, life, are sexual relationships. Oh, but that’s bad, right? Men and women are different that way.
g) You then follow up with “I know you might feel discouraged sometimes, You definately should not approach women on the street because 99.99% of the time that will not be effective.” PUAs will tell you differently. And this is why men don’t listen to women for advice on how to pick up women. Women’s advice on “what works” is usually very wrong. They are passengers on a bus telling the driver what makes a good ride for the passengers, not how to get there, Most have never driven a bus. The correct person to ask how to drive the bus is an experienced bus driver, not the passenger.
g.1) “Women don’t know if you’re the good guy or the bad guy.” And we don’t know if you’re the cool chick, or the bitch. The difference is that you have the privilege of being the desired, and men will rarely be pursued by a woman that is not a creep. We pays our dime, we takes our chances. That’s how the world turns. That you don’t like it doesn’t mean we’re wrong to be who we are or what our approach is. Not all of us can afford to pay for your adventure, which you will expect.
h) “Going into hibernation mode” again. You don’t get it. We aren’t in “hibernation mode” we are in “avoid the creeps” and “avoid the creep-created laws that can ruin our life mode.”
i) “We should not blame Feminism, we should blame the guys that wrecked it for the other guys.” And this is why men complain about women, Feminism and avoid getting into relationships with you, women, Feminists and especially Feminist women. Take a little responsibility for yourself, would you? Please? Eschew the gynocentric point of view. In simple words: quit being self-centred and one-sided. Grow up.
5. “I can only tell you the opinion of women out there.” No, you can’t. You can tell us your opinion, and it is arrogant for you to believe that you speak for all women, or even all Feminist women.
6. I did like the video. I disagreed with you completely, but you weren’t a bitch. :)
[LATER] I notice that your video description has expanded to at least half the length of my comment. I understand that you freak out at push-back. Welcome to the real world. Be decent, honest and kind with me, and I offer the same. I believe that I have. I welcome your thoughtful response.